Palm reading, otherwise known as palmistry or chiromancy, is practiced all over the world. It has its roots in Indian astrology and Roma fortune-telling. The objective is to evaluate a person’s character or future by studying the palm of their hand. Whether you’re an aspiring palm reader or you’re just looking for a fun way to pass the time and impress your friends, even you can learn to gain insight just by holding someone’s hand.
- If you’re going to do read someone else’s palms, keep it light. Don’t make any dark predictions that will make people worry about their lives; you’re no more “in-the-know” than any other person is. No-one is really certain about palm reading, so don’t make predictions that influence others to harm themselves in any way or ruin their lives.
- Remember that palm reading is for entertainment purposes and there is no substantiated evidence of correlation between palm features and psychological traits.
- Accept that palm reading is not always accurate. The fate of your life and your decisions should not be influenced by fortune-telling; rather, your own efforts and fortitude are what really help you to succeed in life.
- Make sure the lighting in the area you are planning to read palms is good, because trying to do it in the dark makes it difficult to get a good read.
- Don’t believe everything. You can make your own decision, no matter what.
- Don’t judge others while reading their palms!
- Don’t concern yourself with the thinner and shallower lines. Only follow the main four that are deepest. Getting involved with the other lines could lead to unwanted confusion. Leave these lines for a professional.
- Palm reading is not always right.
- Find your child line. Make a fist with your right hand. Look on the outer side of your hand, near the pinky. The number of lines you have will be the number of children you produce (the line connecting the finger to the hand does not count as a child line). Of course, personal choice, birth control and success or failure to hitch up with someone will also have more concrete reasons to do with how many children you end up having.
- Note the texture of the hand, front and back. Soft hands signify sensitivity and refinement, while rough hands signify a coarse temperament.
- Since palm lines change as you progress through life, palm reading is seen by many as an opportunity to reveal what’s already happened, but not as a way of predicting the future.
- Only read someone’s palm with their permission.